Wild Orange Granola Bars
Makes 12 Bars
This delicious chocolate orange granola bar recipe is absolutely packed full of goodness to give you a boost during those busy mornings. Often the store-bought cereal bars are full of refined sugar and additives, and they are often not suitable for vegans. If you’re looking for a healthy alternative that’s super simple to make, this is the perfect recipe for you.
These bars contain oats which provide heaps of fibre and energy, nuts which are full of healthy fats and maca which is amazing for balancing out hormones. If breakfast bars aren’t your thing, this recipe can also be used to make granola by crumbling the mixture after baking. It is best to store this granola in an airtight container before being served with plant milk and your favourite toppings.
- 2 Cups Oats
- ½ Cup Rice Puffs
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Cacao Nibs
- 1 ½ Cups Sultanas
- ¼ Cup Hazelnuts
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 Tsp Maca Powder (optional)
- 1 Bar Chocolateeha Wild Orange Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160 Celsius
- Blend oats, sultanas, hazelnuts, maple syrup and nut butter in a blender or food processor.
- Add mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in rice puffs and chocolate pieces.
- Press this mixture into a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before refrigerating.
- Serve up and enjoy!
I’m Meg from @lvlegan and I’m a vegan student from Bristol. I have a huge passion for food and all things chocolate, which is why I have teamed up with Chocolateeha to create some delicious, simple, vegan friendly recipes that I hope you will love!