Mint Chocolate Pancakes
Makes 6-8 Pancakes
Sometimes you just crave pancakes for breakfast. If you’re trying to eat well it’s easy to believe that you have to avoid your favourite dishes in order to feel good. These pancakes are healthy and provide slow-releasing energy throughout the day.
The addition of the Chocolateeha mint chocolate sauce makes this stack particularly decadent, but they remain completely free of dairy, eggs, refined sugar and wheat. I hope you enjoy making these for yourself!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 200ml Water/Plant milk
- 1 Bar Chocolateeha Mint Chocolate
- Handful of Hazelnuts
- Mint Leaves to garnish
- Blend your oats until they form a flour consistency. Add one banana, baking powder, maple syrup and liquid of choice before blending once more to create a smooth, pourable batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a low-medium heat before pouring about 2Tbsp of the batter onto the pan.
- Once bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake, flip it over with a spatula and cook it for a few minutes on the other side. The pancake should be golden brown and slightly risen.
- Repeat steps two and three with the remaining mixture.
- To make the chocolate sauce, boil 300ml of water and pour it into a pan. Add half of the Chocolateeha Mint chocolate to a glass bowl and place the bowl over the pan of water to melt.
- Stack your pancakes and pour over the mint chocolate sauce. Add the remaining chocolate pieces to decorate along with any other toppings of your choice. I used cacao nibs, banana, strawberries, hazelnuts and fresh mint.
I’m Meg from @lvlegan and I’m a vegan student from Bristol. I have a huge passion for food and all things chocolate, which is why I have teamed up with Chocolateeha to create some delicious, simple, vegan friendly recipes that I hope you will love!