Ombre Chocolate Orange Blueberry Pancakes
Grainy Brainy Pancake Mix
If you want to take the mess out of pancake making and you want something that’s more nutritious than flour and eggs.
The grainy Brainy mix is packed with grains – buckwheat, quinoa, flax and teff and is ready to make. Leaving you to enjoy pancake making. We made Chocolate Orange Blueberry pancakes sweetened with a vegan ganache!
1 Sweetpea Pantry Pancake Mix
60 ml oil
200 ml Almond Milk
20g Chocolateeha Chocolate Orange
10 ml Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
Coconut oil for frying
Extra maple syrup for drizzling
- Add the Coconut milk to a saucepan and bring to boil. Keep aside
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the saucepan and mix until melted
- Add in maple syrup
- Using a whisk, beat the oil, milk and pancake mix until combined
- Add half the blueberries to the pancake mixture and mix. You can also break up the blueberries to enhance the flavour of the pancakes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl
Creating the Ombre effect
- Split the mixture in four bowls. No chocolate will be added to Bowl 1 to make a white pancake base.
- Add 1 tsp of chocolate to bowl 2, 2 tsp of chocolate to Bowl 3 and then 3 tsps of chocolate to Bowl 4 thereby creating a gradient of brown from light to dark.
- To cook the pancakes: Add oil to a frying pan and add two tablespoons of the mixture to the pan.
- You may use a circle disc to make a perfect round shape as demonstrated in the photo. To make a perfect stack start with larger circles and end with the smallest.
- Using a flat frying spoon turn the pancake over once it has cooked from the base
- Cook until the batter no longer seeps through the seems.
1. Stack up the pancakes starting with the palest colour first and building up to the darkest.
2. Scatter the remaining blueberries around
3. Drizzle the ganache on top and finish off with extra maple syrup.
4. As you can see we kind of went over board with ganache.