Apple & Cinnamon Stack
Grainy Brainy Pancake Mix
If you want to take the mess out of pancake making and you want something that’s more nutritious than flour and eggs.
The grainy Brainy mix is packed with grains – buckwheat, quinoa, flax and teff and is ready to make. Leaving you to enjoy pancake making. We made Apple and Cimmamon stack pancakes sweetened with honey. YUM!
Pancake Batter (Sweetpea Pantry’s recipe)
- 1 Sweetpea Pantry Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 200 ml Almond Milk / Cow’s milk
- 2 Granny Smith Apples diced
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil for frying
- Extra honey/maple syrup for drizzling
- Add the honey to a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the apples and simmer until apples have softened
- Mix in the cinnamon and let the apples caramalise
- Set half of the apples aside to add to the pancake mixture
- Using a whisk, beat the egg, milk and pancake mix until combined
- Add half the apple sauce to the pancake mixture and mix
- To cook the pancakes: Add oil to a frying pan and add two tablespoons of the mixture to the pan.
- You may use a circle disc to make a perfect round shape as demonstrated in the photo. To make a perfect stack start with larger circles and end with the smallest.
- Using a flat frying spoon turn the pancake over once it has cooked from the base
- Cook until the batter no longer seeps through the seems.
- Stack up the pancakes starting with the largest size first
- Add the apple sauce around the pancakes to create an apple sauce river
- Drizzle the remaining apples on top
- Finally drizzle honey. To make this a sweeter treat drizzle with maple syrup